SAN HOLO returned to Houston, Texas on Friday December 15th for his Gouldian Finch 2 Tour at Stereo Live. Recently performing in the city for Something Wicked in October, the future bass giant brought the feels once again by adding support from DROELOE and Just A Gent.
Starting off the night, Houston local Vance Lawrence opened the Stereo Live stage with some chill house vibes. Shortly after, the DJ/Producer duo DROELOE took the stage. Bringing their signature future bass/trap style, the crowd was clearly ready for the night to begin. A few crowd favorites played by DROELOE were their remix of “Boys” by Charlie XCX, their original track “Kintsugi” and the amazing Ekali mashup of Tove Lo’s “Habits” with Boombox Cartle’s “Supernatural”.
Following DROELOE, Just A Gent kept the ball rolling by starting his set with his remix of ZHU’s “Superfriends” (a personal favorite of mine). The sold out crowd was clearly in the zone, filling the room to the brim and jamming out to Just A Gent’s selection of dance tunes, ranging everywhere from Porter Robinson tracks to some of his own unique originals.
Finally, the big man himself, SAN HOLO, took the stage. His set included all of the favorites: The “If Only” mega collab off the Gouldian Finch #2 compilation, “We Rise”, “I Still See Your Face” and more. Unlike his performance at Something Wicked, SAN HOLO performed a variety of his songs with the inclusion of his guitar as accompaniment. This lent itself beautifully to a stripped down version of “Fly” that had the entire crowd singing along. In true rockstar fashion, SAN HOLO could be seen throwing his guitar around the stage during his final track of the night, which was a set themed edit of his big track “Light”. Winding down with a vocal edit of the lyrics combined with the dramatic guitar thrown in, everyone was drawn to the sound.
Houston was the second to last stop on the Gouldian Finch #2 tour and they definitely got the full treatment. It’s great to have more future bass artists touring through a city so focused on bass and trap. More than that, it was exciting to have been able to share a night full of music I love with people who may not have heard most of it before. Listen to the Gouldian Finch compilations as well as reviewing all three artists Spotify/SoundCloud pages. Houston is definitely counting down the days for SAN HOLO, DROELOE, and JUST A GENTS return.
- San Holo: Guest Review by Jason “Knotz” Broussard - December 21, 2017
- DoD 1 on 1 with Ben Nicky - November 10, 2017
- Weekly Roundup November 7th-12th - November 7, 2017
- Pharmacy Records Launches Christopher Lawrence – Banshee Remix Contest - October 30, 2017
- Weekly RoundUp October 17th through October 22nd - October 17, 2017
- Weekly Roundup October 3rd – October 8th - October 3, 2017
- Imagine Festival 2017 TICKET GIVEAWAY - August 8, 2017
- A Letter From The Editor : Commander In Chief Matthew Dunn - June 23, 2017
- Weekly Roundup 4/19-4/23/2017 - April 19, 2017
- Find Your Euphoria with Team DoD and Euphoria Music Festival! - March 14, 2017