I’m truly glad I could put this mix together. These tracks and artists have carried me through a broad spectrum of highs and lows. I’ve needed these, this last few weeks.
I went a different direction this time. From the point of view of a DJ, everyone always pops the question at one point or another- “what got you started in all this?” My answer has never been EDM, and I haven’t always encompassed “all this.”
I never necessarily knew that I was going to listen to anything else, besides Chillout/Trip Hop. Before exploring Trance, and before my gradual fusion with DnB, I had a love that I could only share with maybe four or five other people. Trip Hop was a lesser-known and slow moving genre at that time. All day long, I’ll discuss what I’m most passionate about- and all day long, Trip Hop and Downtempo will be a solid chunk of that conversation.
Enjoy the tunes.
- I Made This For You – DoD Weekly Mixtape – Jasmine Rose Edition - August 1, 2017
- I Made This For You – DoD Weekly Mixtape – Jasmine Rose Edition - June 1, 2017
- Nightlife In The U.S. – Volume 1 - April 20, 2017
- These Are Cool, But What The F*%k Are Those? A Journey Into Familiar (And Unfamiliar) Electronic Music Genres - March 16, 2017
- The Four Things You’ve Got To Stop Posting, Regarding The DJ Scene - February 21, 2017
- Electronic Music In Video Games: A Collection - January 24, 2017
- Hint Of Jasmine : A DJs “Life List” - January 10, 2017
- Five DJ-related things that we could all go without seeing you post, ever again - December 9, 2014