Recently, I’ve had quite a few people ask me what the goals and “end game” are for The Department of Dance. You’d think that would be a simple question, but given the vast array of diverse aspects of all things dance music we’ve gotten involved in over the years, there really is no simple answer. As an organization, we have written numerous event reviews, conducted interviews with global talent, and provided media coverage at top-tier music festivals; both at home in the US and abroad. We occasionally throw DoD-branded events, and even maintain an online internet radio station that broadcasts both scheduled and unscheduled EDM 24/7.
I guess the only way I can truly describe us—and where we’re headed—would be this:
I want people to see us as a positive force in our dance music community. Not just here in our home base of Houston, but anywhere our name is seen or heard. I want people to look at us not just as a blog, or as an event company, or an internet radio station, but as a source of positivity, and a window into what’s going on in our little slice of the world that involves this music we all love and cherish so much.
There is already so much negativity in the world, and many of us love the fact we can escape into the music with our friends and extended families. To invite or promote hostility, drama, negativity, or even blatant disregard for people’s safety and well being goes far beyond just the ones directly involved; it causes a ripple effect that reflects on all of us.
It’s in the spirit of this that I, along with the entire team here at DoD, pledge that we will continue to strive to be a positive voice for the dance music community, as well as support events and organizations that do the same. We welcome anyone, from any walk of life, to join us and others in this effort to keep our friends and family well informed, safe, and happy.
I thank you all for your continued support, and can’t wait to see what the future has in store for not just us at The Department of Dance, but for everyone.
Editor-in-Chief of The Department of Dance
- San Holo: Guest Review by Jason “Knotz” Broussard - December 21, 2017
- DoD 1 on 1 with Ben Nicky - November 10, 2017
- Weekly Roundup November 7th-12th - November 7, 2017
- Pharmacy Records Launches Christopher Lawrence – Banshee Remix Contest - October 30, 2017
- Weekly RoundUp October 17th through October 22nd - October 17, 2017
- Weekly Roundup October 3rd – October 8th - October 3, 2017
- Imagine Festival 2017 TICKET GIVEAWAY - August 8, 2017
- A Letter From The Editor : Commander In Chief Matthew Dunn - June 23, 2017
- Weekly Roundup 4/19-4/23/2017 - April 19, 2017
- Find Your Euphoria with Team DoD and Euphoria Music Festival! - March 14, 2017