Perhaps considered one of the most influential artists in dance music, Moby has had a dominating career in the music industry over the past 25 years as a DJ, singer, songwriter and musician. He has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide with his music genres including techno, house and trip hop, electronica, alternative rock and ambient. Moby’s most recent release titled “Long Ambients1: Calm. Sleep.” was posted to his website moby.com for streaming or download for free. Who doesn’t love a free album?
He noted on his website, “Over the last couple of years I’ve been making really really really quiet music to listen to when I do yoga or sleep or meditate or panic. I ended up with 4 hours of music and have decided to give it away.” The 4-hour ambient soundtrack (and yes, you bet I listened to all of it) is nothing short of satisfying. No percussion or vocals, but an ocean of droning pads, synthesizers and charming chord progressions on loops with luscious reverb, separated by extended voids of silence between movements. “Long Ambients1: Calm. Sleep.” is definitely a recommended album to add to your music collection if you’re looking for extended periods of über-ambient soundscapes to envelope your mind. There is nothing more important than music with a purpose.
You can find the album here:
Or Stream it here:
- DoD 1 on 1 with Lucas Keizer - January 3, 2018
- Gravity Club Review - November 6, 2017
- #TeamDoD Weekly Mixtape – The afterparty - October 18, 2017
- MFAH Mixed Media presents Miguel Migs - October 17, 2017
- Kinda Super Disco ft. Richie Hawtin - October 9, 2017
- Washed out: Mister Mellow Album Review - August 1, 2017
- Middlelands In Search of New Lands To Conquer - July 7, 2017
- Top 10 DJ’s in the USA - July 7, 2017
- I Made This For You – DoD Weekly Mixtape by Chris Zane - June 27, 2017
- Free Press Summer Festival: Then and Now - June 16, 2017