The rumors have been buzzing again; we at the DoD have been hearing word of the “new venue” for some time now around the Houston EDM scene. It’s now official. Once home to Houston’s favorite underground dance music club, Kryptonite, 709 Franklin is now housing a new and improved EDM venue by the name of Ministry. “I’m excited for an opportunity to reconnect with the EDM community in Houston and not only bring emerging artists to the soon-to-be 3rd largest city in the nation, but also showcasing the immense amount of talented artists that we have here right in our backyard,” commented the well-known manager of both the former and new venue, Holliday.
Ministry will be open immediately after Foam Wonderland, and introduce the world to Ministry with Buda Love’s sixth installment of his Rebirth series featuring Mad Classy and the Foreign Twiinz. “I feel like I finally get to go home, back to my second family- except it’s a remodeled home that’s even better than before,” noted Buda. You can pay the newly renovated venue a visit on Saturday nights, with more events and days being added over time. With a revamped atmosphere, be ready to enjoy lounging, dancing, and even improved bottle service for VIPs with a NEW underground experience. Holliday welcomes new and old party-goers alike. “Thank you for your patience and support and we hope to create a culture that our guests will be proud to call their home.”
Stay tuned to the venue’s Facebook page below for more details and updates.
- Right On The Money: A Review of Tuesday Maybe - August 1, 2017
- Right On The Money: A Review of Calvin Harris’s “Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1” - July 13, 2017
- Right On The Money; A Review of F*cked It Up EP - July 6, 2017
- Weekly Round-Up 3/8-3/12 - March 10, 2017
- Coachella Line-Up Released - January 4, 2017
- A New Beginning - September 25, 2015
- Meet the Team : DoD Member Matthew Dunn - September 2, 2015
- Kryptonite: A Death In The Family - August 28, 2015
- The Struggle Is Real: 5 Issues Every Professional Go-Go Dancer Faces - December 3, 2014
- Right On The Money: A review of the Super8 and Tab album, “Unified” - November 19, 2014